Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Seventh Commandment by Lawrence Sanders


Lawrence Sanders is one of the first authors I've read. I was in high school and might have been a bit young for his genre at that time but when you're a kid and have limited book resources you can't be picky lol. I got his books from my dad's little library. I thought this one lacked the ... whatever it is I got from his books before lol. I remember I liked the other commandments and deadly sins books. This one, not so much. Also, I can't remember if his style in writing dialogues in this book is the same as it was before. If it was then I will charge it to inexperience lol. It's a bit annoying reading it:

John, you should blah blah
Red, what do you think blah blah
Terry, listen, blah blah
John, you look like etc

Other than that, it still has the Sander's signature when it comes to drama, intrigue, and a dirty secrets. I guess I can say Lawrence Sanders is my Sydney Sheldon except Sanders' novels has more police work going on.



This is one of the books I got at the Book Sale that I blogged about few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment