Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Dreams Are Way Beyond The Dream Dictionary's Powers Of Interpretation ... and random ramblings

Sorry, I had to share this dream. Normally, I don't. I write it down in my journal because someday I will use it as content for my book ... which I REALLY need to get started on. Last night's dream was just amazing and disturbing (and that's something coming from me) at the same time so I had to.

Little history, I rarely have normal dreams. The most normal was when I dreamed my friend adopted a baby crocodile. That's normal because she's weird (Hi, Pearly). You may argue most dreams are weird. It's our subconscious in the first place and sometimes our subconscious think things we don't even want to think of ... consciously. Heh. But I've shared dreams to people and they said my dreams aren't normal. Actually, they said I'm not normal ... but that's for a different story.

So last night's dream involved: my friends, my hometown, the house where I was raised, a co worker, dogs, a duck, a crocodile, cambodia, a train, the hound(ish), 5 restaurants from a made up movie, my nephew's school service driver, a toilet with leftover chicken and chicken bones (eugh), native americans, goons, a kid ... and super powers.

By this time I forgot how it started but the setting was the apocalypse. Not zombie-type apocalypse although I had a zombie apocalypse-themed dream couple weeks ago. Anyhoo, I was in my hometown, people are starving but there's apparently a feast for the well-off ... IKR?! How politically and socially mainstream is that?! Lol. So I saw this kid looking for something to eat and I had ground pork (pang shanghai rolls) that mysteriously appeared out of nowhere and I said: "Here, you have it. But you'll need wrappers for that." My nephew's school service driver appeared out of nowhere and said: "I'll take care of it." He then produced the wrappers. Little did we know he stole it ... from a guy who, well, looks like a goon. I can't find a photo of the local goon from the old Filipino movies but let's just say he's kind of like the hound on steroids (yes from the Game of Thrones series). Like really huge with long hair and really scary. COMMERCIAL: I tried to Google the goon so I could post a photo and I typed: Filipino movie goons and a photo of the former president GMA appeared on the list. I should've screen capped.

So now, this guy is after me thanks to the school service driver. Fucker. So I had to get away. I walked and walked and I know I can't stop. It's either I face the dogs on the street (dogs scare me shitless no matter what size, true story) or go back and face the scary goon. He finally caught up when I was contemplating if I should face the dogs or him. Stupid. We were in someone's backyard, with chicken wire fences. I said something like: "ok, come and get me" and I smiled (fuck im so mainstream). That was where it got interesting. When he lunged at me, I jumped over the fence. It was over 8 feet high. I'm like 4ft 10in (barely). But he's a goon, with a huge wrestler body so chicken wires won't stop him, right? Now, there was another chicken wire fence behind me and you know what I did??? I PASSED THROUGH THE CHICKEN WIRE! Hell yeah, I'm awesome!!! So! Somehow that stalled him. I don't know if he couldn't get through the wire or he was just dumbstruck by my awesomeness. 

I thought I won't see him again so I stayed in the house on the other side of the fence. Which turned out to be the house where I grew up. But it was stripped except for a flat screen TV. It was huge. Go figure. I turned on the lights and the TV and then I realised people will notice the lights are on (this was night time). I was running away. Duh. The goon showed up he challenged me again, I smiled again and he came at me with ... something, I dunno. But the next minute he was on the floor on his back, and I had my foot on his neck.

Me: 2 
Goon: 0

Did I mention there was a duck? Like, the whole time. The duck turned into that kid. The one I gave food to. And he said: stop fighting! And we did. And all of a sudden the goon and I are friends ... and we were both watching TV. 

By now you must be thinking where's the twist. There's none. But there was a guy at the back of the house the whole time we were there. He was also watching TV (and it was morning all of a sudden) and he was drinking beer and there were kids running around. One of the kids sneaked in the house and I saw that he saw us and I didn't mind. And then I looked at the window in front (the one that looks out to the street) and I saw other people (who looked like goons too) with huge guns and shit. And I was like, TURN THE LIGHTS OFF! AND THE TV TOO! WHAT ARE YOU?! STUPID?! But it was too late. The men got in. I thought for sure we were dead. But they just stood there, the guy who was at the backyard went in too. I thought he looked grandfather-ish. And he started talking about god-knows-what. But first, I have to point out, these guys with the guns and the grandfather-ish? They were native Americans ... I'm in the Philippines. Go figure. By this time, me, the goon friend, and the boy that was a duck were backed up in a corner. Grandfather-ish pulled out a gun and shot at us like there was no tomorrow. All I could do was freeze while holding a book against my chest. And that was when we died.  Or the goon and the kid died.

I woke up ... in a train going to Cambodia. My shirt had blood spatters on the chest area. I felt like I was still running away. Naks, drama. When we got there (I was with my friends and it didn't feel like the apocalypse anymore), wherever that was, we were apparently in search of 5 restaurants featured in a book-turned-hollywood-hit (I don't know if it actually exists) and all were in Cambodia (I don't know how I knew it was Cambodia, either). At the third restaurant I realized we had one of my co-worker with us. I will call him DenMunch. And we were all talking like we were food and film critics. Lol. And then I went to the toilet. It was disgusting. It had chicken bones and chicken left overs in the seat like someone tried to flush those down and I was like: "OMFG this is disgusting!" I had to wipe it away cause I had to pee ... with all my friends there (there was also an ex boyfriend in the group in that dream, probably because it was a toilet scene and I think he's shit ... erm never mind). The toilet seat was in front of the dining table. And we had to pay to use the toilet. On top of the food bill. Disgusting, I know. But go figure.

We went out to the 4th restaurant. It was sort of al fresco. We were waiting for our orders and I thought I'd go for a walk by the beach. Sunset, you know? But there was a crocodile. We were at Puerto Princesa by that time. And by this time, if you're still reading, you should know better than ask how we got to Puerto Princesa.Also, the duck was back.

I woke up. Like for real this time. And I was late for work.

2 comments: