Saturday, November 16, 2013

Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer

 You know how some movies would start with a scene where there are a lot of people talking at the same time? Or there are multiple conversations going on at once? Or there are two people talking on the phone and the screen is split into two. That was kind of how this book started. Or, I think, that was what it was trying to do. Except in movies, scenes like that makes sense. Here, I felt like an outsider. I don't necessarily have to relate or be involved in a story for me to appreciate it but the first 20% of the book didn't sit well with me. It got better for me when LL came into the story. I liked her character.
Loved this part lol
One thing I wasn't sure if I'm going to love or hate about the story is Agnes's cooking. The pancakes and ham in that one breakfast scene made me hungry and crave for ... well ... pancakes and ham. I liked the ending too so it kinda made up for the beginning lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment