Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Book Scavenged Over the Weekend


As if I didn't have more than enough books on my to-read stack, I went to my favorite second-hand bookstore branch over the weekend. This time I got 9 books for Php420 and I'm not sure when I'm going to read them but they're really nice to look at ... especially those bright, colorful chick lit pieces I never thought I'd buy. I don't have anything against chick lit, I just didn't grow up reading them so I never bothered but Rainbow Rowell happened. 
November book loot

The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella. I was actually really looking for this. Saw it on Goodreads when browsing recommendations based on the last chick lit that I read ... and loved. This is the most expensive buy among the loot but Php180 isn't bad. At all. And it's yellow.











Dark Paradise by Tami Hoag. The last Tami Hoag mystery thriller piece that I was looking for. Now my collection is complete ... until she releases a new one. Funny thing, the first copy I saw of this cost Php105 and it was so battered I though twice about buying it. Then I came across this one and the tag said Php15 so ... yeah. Lol.

Man of Her Dreams by Tami Hoag. Php55. She started as a romance writer, you know?
The Safe House by Nicci French. Php40. I read a couple books by Nicci French back in college (after watching Killing Me Softly!) and I remember liking them so there.














Sula by Toni Morrison. It's a Nobel Prize winner, it's Toni Morrison and it cost only Php5. The selling factor, however, was the fact that it had doodles.
Adam by Ted Dekker. I keep seeing this on Goodreads and the shops so I said I'll read his books someday. I just held off from buying since most of the stuff I saw are part of a series and I didn't want to start a new one since it's too much commitment (heh) but this is a stand alone and cost only Php25.

Mr. Sebastin and the Negro Magician by Daniel Wallace ... the guy who wrote Big Fish!!! Php25.


The Self-Preservation Society by Kate Harrison. Php25. It's blue.
















Up To No Good by Victoria Corby. Php50. It's green.

No comments:

Post a Comment