Saturday, November 23, 2013

Weekend Shmeekend ... a little R&R in the comforts of Makati

I'm kind of embarrassed that I've lived in Makati for 8 years and I've never been to the Salcedo Saturday Market and the Legazpi Sunday Market so I did both this weekend with the help of a couple high school buddies. It wasn't anything fantastic but I liked going from stall to stall and just look at what's there. 

Predictably, this alcohol-dependent woman got herself:
TADAAAAH!: Japanese Ale
Not a big fan of beer but it was there and it's alcohol and it was spelling my name ... ok, my name isn't Hitachino Nest but it's alcohol. It's supposed to taste bitter and sweet and smell spicy according to that nice lady who was selling it. She's right about the bitter part. It's not sweet at all. Budweiser is sweet. Red Horse is sweet. German beer, in general, is sweet. This? It's just bitter. Oh and it looks like iced tea. I don't have a photo. I drank straight from the bottle but spilled some when opening so I know it looks like iced tea. Google it. it is 250pesos a bottle. She had other Hitachino Nest stuff ... I didn't get the name of the stall because I was too happy to be holding alcohol after how many weeks (which felt like forever). She'll probably be there again next week.
Non-alcoholic ginger ale
This is from Stanford x Shaw Brewing. It's goooooood. They give out samplers if you wanna try before buying (and if you don't believe me). It tastes like, well, ginger ... and lemon. It kind of reminds me of Boones Farm products, if you know that, except this is non-alcoholic (but Boones has so little alcohol content anyway it feels like drinking soda). This is 200php for a 600ml (I think) bottle. They were nice enough to offer to keep it in their ice chest, in case you want to go around the area first before going home, because you're supposed to keep it refrigerated but we were going home anyway. They also said to consume it within 2 weeks and I said they didn't have to worry about that. Heh.
Satinka Naturals: Beeswax Moisturizing Lip Balm
Wala lang. Ang mahal kasi ng Burt's Bees and I'm cheap like that so I got this instead. Haha! It's a 10g stick and costs only 100php. They have it in lavender, mint and grapefruit. These would make nice christmas giveaways.

I also bought a lot of other stuff like ... food. I mean, you can't go there and not eat. I especially loved the Ilocos empanada, I haven't had that in forever and it's good to know I don't have to travel far to get it when I'm craving for it (I just have to wait for the weekend). They are 50pesos a piece.

I noticed another stall selling sandwiches for 150php at the Salcedo market that sold sandwiches for 120php at the Legazpi market. I guess these are food they weren't able to sell the previous day. The stalls in both community markets are almost the same, but the Sunday market has more choices and it's bigger but the Saturday market looks more organized from the stalls to security to layout.
The Legazpi Sunday Market
The Salcedo Saturday Market ... from the outside
===
Also went to the spa that my sister and her friend frequents. Like beer, I'm also not big on spas. I have issues with strangers touching me but I like to occasionally pamper myself especially since I stopped using lotion when I started pole dancing. We had the Nature Scrub (that left me bruised), the Tightening Body Wrap for detox and that's supposed to help loose skin (if done continuously) and a hair spa. I liked the body wrap thing. It felt comforting and secure being wrapped in the ...erm, white clay wrap thingy. I should've gotten a massageas well. Anyhoo, maybe next weekend. For rates, try their website

No comments:

Post a Comment