Wednesday, October 30, 2013

New (and Old) Book Loot

Does anyone else think "Everyday Is Fully Booked Day" is dangerous? Lol. I mean, I'd love a new book a day but I'm not sure my budget will agree. And I'm not sure I'd stop at only one book. Lol. Anyhoo, so much for not buying new books unless I've read half of what I already have. Bought a few new titles last week. 
Wednesday, I got: 

1) The Coffee Shop Book Club which is a collection of short stories from various authors. This was published by the Orion Publishing Group in association with Woman&Home. Apparently buying a copy means donating £1 to Breast Cancer Care. 

2) The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt! This 700+ pager is Ms Tartt's contribution to literary fiction this decade. Heh. I didn't think I'd see this right away in Manila but glad I did. Or Anj did. Lol. I'm saving this for when I can read in an slow pace since I'm 14 books away from my goal this year.
I went back Friday and got a few more even if I haven't started on any of the stuff I got Wednesday. See what I mean about "everyday" being a dangerous thing? Lol.


 Friday I got:

1) Room by Emma Donoghue: I saw this Wednesday too but couldn't find a plastic wrapped copy. I know it's the bookstore people that wraps them but I like to fool myself into thinking I get a better deal that way LOL. 

 2) Fyre (Septimus Heap Book Seven): Finally got me a copy and I'm reading this now. This is the final installment of the Septimus Heap series. I haven't posted the reviews on the other books but I have them on Goodreads. 
 3) Dodger by Terry Pratchett: Nuff said.
 4) The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera: That blurb ... LOL!


 ==
I've also been doing an inventory of books I have and found fairy books from those days I was obsessed with fairies! Haha! One is a mythologies book for kids (Fairies by John Malam), the other one a children's story book (Alice the Fairy by David Shannon) and the other is a Disney Fairies' Fashionable Fairies paper doll book I bought on impulse. Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment