Friday, August 23, 2013

Getting the Girl (Wolfe Bothers #3) by Markus Zusak


This is a book for lonely people. LOL. No, seriously it's a book for lonely people. Okay at least half of it is since (I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!) this is also mainly (and FINALLY!) the love story of Cameron Wolfe so if you think reading this book would make you realize solitude is bliss then no. Sorry.

I mean, we had it coming, eh? The main character (and narrator) of the story  have been whinging and whining about, not just being alone but, being really lonely from the very beginning (and since the title is Getting the Girl) then it's pretty much self explanatory. Although going back, there are some good parts about self awareness and independence and acceptance that's hard to ignore. I think that's what I like about Markus Zusak's stories. It sort of tells you a lot of ... erm ... lessons (?) but not in a self-righteous way. Not in an end-all-and-be-all manner. The stories are very real that a lot of people can relate to it and, really, people usually read to find something to relate to (although a lot of times they don't realize that, heh). To tell them what they believe in is right and true or what they did (whatever that is) is the right way to go. So yeah, Markus Zusak is amazing at doing all that but it's as if he knows you can't herd a cat so he doesn't herd us cats, he does things to (in this case, write things) that would make you go to the point where he wants you to go without realizing it ... if you know what I mean.

Three stars unlike the first two installments because I loved most of the book ... not all of it. It's still a good ending to the series, though. :)

Also, I don't know about him much except he's a great writer and story teller, but ... it's kinda of amusing to think this is maybe an autobiography of some sort ... No? Okay, forget I said that lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment