Friday, August 16, 2013

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (and the third book's cover *gasp*)


I don't really have a lot to say about this book except I liked it a lot! I thought it was much better than Daughter of Smoke and Bone, too, which was a pleasant surprise. Too often, we'd be thrilled about the first book of a trilogy only to be let down by its second installment. That wasn't the case for this one.

The main characters can be pretty annoying because they seem to not know what they want and how to deal with the situation they're in (isn't it always like that?) but I guess I'd be the same lol. For a moment there I thought there'd be a love triangle here and I was so ready to chuck the book out the window but, alas, I was proven wrong and I'm glad. I loved the other characters, though, and although this is very dark compared to the first book, Zuzana and Mik's character sort of brings it a brighter angle. Winning the chimaeras' hearts are kind of corny but it was cute too. Other than their story everything was very serious. I thought the deception chapter could've been better, though. Loved the concept but I didn't feel like the story was told with justice. For that I took off one star. 

Some things that I'm really looking forward to in the next book, I guess, is Akira's origin and what Brimstone said about how the angels could win the war if they hadn't burned their library during the war. I'm hoping the story won't be disappointing. I don't wanna go holding my breath and end up saying "that's it?!" Oh and I like that there's more to the war than just Angels and Chimaeras hating each other. This should make it easier to accept that two races are at war and will just stop because a member of each decided they'd fall in love with each other.

So yeah, really looking forward to the last installment and Days of Blood and Starlight officially made me a Laini Taylor fan. :)


Read: November 13 - 19, 2012

Still broken-hearted about the final installment being pushed to April 2014. Loving the cover, though! *fangirling*


No comments:

Post a Comment