Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Underdog (Wolfe Brothers #1) by Markus Zusak


This book is so ... RAW. But first, if I might say, this, for me, is Markus Zusak's first attempt to I Am The Messenger. I can see a lot of similarities, not just in the writing style, but also in the message he wanted to pass on. Granted, they have a very different story line, but the main character's struggle with himself and the inner dialogues are pulled out of the same material. Or the same cause ... or something.

The one huge difference between the two is what I already pointed out. In I Am The Messenger, the writing style and flow of the story had a bit more finesse (?) to it. I wouldn't say that that was an advantage because I also loved this story. Maybe Underdog just came off so raw because it was his first book. Or it could be that he intended to deliver the story that way. (He's the only one who could answer that. Maybe he already did but I try not to read anything that authors say about their book before I read it.) Also, as with his other books, this was an easy read.

Lastly, before I read this book I was already hoping that I'm going to like it (lol) because by the time I learned about this trilogy I'm already a Markus Zusak fan. Good thing it did not disappoint.

NOTE: This is of the Young Adult category. No matter how much the title looks like it, this is not a romance novel. LOL.

Read: August 15 - 20, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment