Saturday, January 3, 2015

Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer


Great concept but it's for a very specific target audience ... which is kind of ironic because that's how the fairy tale in the book is seen by the adults and most young adults in it. It wasn't a bad read, it was fast, as a matter of fact, and was okay. I just didn't get the satisfaction I normally do when reading Picoult. I'm not comparing genres and I think it's super cool how writers sometimes switch but maybe they should've put the daughter's name on the cover using a bigger font than the mother's. I'm sure it helped a ton with marketing. I just think it's too much of a teenager's story (which it is) from a teenager ... and not her mother. But ... yay for mother-daughter books, hey? 

No comments:

Post a Comment