Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Wickedmouth - Unang Putok by Glentot and Mots


I tried to like this book. I really did. But there's a certain demographic/audience for this and it looks like I'm not part of it. I didn't like this for the same reason that I don't click on every other video online that says "wahahaha laugh trip" or "watch Vice Ganda ________" or "buti nga sayo, gago". I didn't appreciate this for the same reason that I make sure I have my earphones on when in a PUV so I don't hear insert-PUV-radio-station-here DJs and their pick up lines. I couldn't jump into the bandwagon for the same reason I couldn't jump into our local TV's bandwagon. I get where the humor comes from. I know why it should be funny. I just wasn't laughing. My boss saw me reading it and said it was supposed to be funny so why did I look pissed? For the record, I always look pissed so I wasn't pissed. I didn't like the book, yes, but I didn't hate it either. The writing is raw. There was a time when I thought everything raw and contemporary was cool. I'm not that person anymore so I guess that was the problem.

In all fairness, the hardest part to publishing anything is actually writing it so I envy this guy for getting through that. Buti pa siya. At saka natawa pala ako sa part na: Ganyan ang boyscout. Laging handa. May dalang nanay.

No comments:

Post a Comment