Saturday, January 10, 2015

Wonder by R.J. Palacio


So much emotions in this book. Why would you do this to me [Nicey]??? Lol. I haven't had a good laugh-cry from a book in a while. When I got near the end I was practically bawling. Yes I was exaggerating but if you've read the book, I think you'd know what I'm talking about. If not then I'd say the last time I felt this good was when Dumbledore awarded Neville 10 points at the end of their term during their first year at Hogwarts. The stories aren't the same but my throat gets constricted the same way ... I'll stop with all the feels talk before I breakdown. 

This is an easy-read for an adult and even if it's mostly middle-schoolers (and some HS students) narrating the story, it's something that's obviously written for all ages. I liked how people in the book made it clear that there will always be jerks and narrow-minded people in the world because it's true. It reminds me a lot of all the viral articles of students doing small deeds and even going out of their way to do a kind act to a classmate who needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment