Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Oh, Never Mind by Mary H.K. Choi

It's nice to find a quick, non-fiction read you can relate to. I'm not from NY nor am I an Asian with a green card/living in a foreign country, and I'm not planning on moving anywhere (at least within the next 365 days). I am, however, single, in my 30s (not young but not old, heh), was (ok, still am sometimes) a freelance writer and have, at one point or another, ended up saying "Oh, Never Mind!"

All biographies should be this short. Personally, I'd rather read a short one about the subject of growing up and being matured rather than something that started when the person came out of their mother's womb only to find out on page 793 that it's all about justifying something the said person regrets.

Favorite part: "These days, if I make an appearance at a party or event, there's a solid chance I'm wearing at least part of an outfit I wore to bed. I owe myself that much."

Cool cover too!

No comments:

Post a Comment