Sunday, October 12, 2014

Bubba and the Dead Woman by C.L. Bevill

You know how sometimes you've been reading too much heavy and -- err ...serious stuff that you want to take a break from all the heaviness and seriousness? Not that I've been reading anything heavy and serious lately (heh), I just don't want to read anything along those categories so I looked for something light ... and not serious. Enter Bubba and the Dead Woman. It's an easy read and it was funny so I thought it was perfect to bring the reading streak back (I've been really bad lately). 

The best thing about this is that it's free (I'm not gonna lie lol) so look it up on Kindle. The next books cost $0.99 to $1.99 so it's a good deal. Story-wise, it's a no brainer. Guy gets framed for a murder he didn't commit blah blah ... pretty straight up. Some parts are hilarious but some parts that are supposed to be hilarious drag. Like the dog bits. Dog characters are either cute or funny. Too much dog references that doesn't have anything to do with the story makes you just want to "say stop it with the dog references already and get on with telling us who killed who."

Overall, it's easy to read (wait I already said that) and very entertaining (that too). Three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment