Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Rush playlist (and random ... ranting)

Let's do vocabulary, shall we? Nothing fancy. Just something made-up in line with the holidays.
This usually starts around November, sometimes earlier, and can extend up to February, being Valentines and all. It's funny when you think about it. It's not when you actually experience it. Like every year it's okay to get some "hi's" and "how are you's". But it's not okay to get "i'll be in town next week" and "you're single now? wow me too!".

Seriously? You can't like a person occasionally. Only because it's Christmas and you're lonely. It's either you like a person or not.

Anyhooooooo, I made a playlist. Originally, a friend made a Christmas Rush playlist for me (for all the men I've loved before, ha! jk). I thought I'd make one now because, well, I just received messages this morning from a couple ... people ... from ... a life I left behind.

In no particular order:

  • Shame For You by Lily Allen
"Oh my gosh you must be joking me
If you think that you'll be poking me"
--seriously

  • These Boots Are Made For Walking by Nancy Sinatra
"I just found me a brand new box of matches
And what he knows you ain't had time to learn"
--start walking
  • You Don't Know Me by Ben Folds
"If I'm the person that you think I am
Clueless chump you seem to think I am
So easily led astray
An errant dog who occasionally escapes 
and needs a shorter leash then,
Why the fuck would you want me back?"
--maybe it's because you don't know me at all? heh

  • The Party by Regina Spektor
"You taste like birthday, you look like new year
You're like a big parade through town
You leave such a mess, but you're so fun"
--so ... nope. never again. lol.

  • Ring-a-Ling by BEP
"Cause if I call you at 2 in the morning
It only means one thing"
--ah ... those 2am calls

  • Don't Cha by Colbie Calliat
"See you don't care but I, I don't wanna share"
--erm ... yeah

  • Warm Water by Banks
"I got this thing for you
If you come closer I can whisper in your ear"
--tease, i know
  • Temporary One by Susie Suh
"I was your second-hand
And you were just my temporary one"
--admit it! ADMIT IT!!! :p

  • In The Moonlight by Susie Suh
"All we got is this moment
And I say we own it"
-- ...hey, You :(
  • Why Can't I by Liz Phair
"Got a girlfriend you say it isn't right
And I got someone waiting too"
--argh! You again! :(
  • 9 Crimes by Damien Rice
"It's the wrong kind of place to be cheating on you
It's the wrong time she's pulling me through
It's a small crime, and I got no excuse
--i really don't have any, sorry
  • Vacation by The Go-Gos
"When you looked at me, I should have run
But I thought it was just for fun"
--i should have known
  • Don't Call Me Baby by Madison Avenue
"You know I don't belong to you"
--i belong to me

  • How You Like Me Now by The Heavy
"If I was to cheat, would you see right through me?"
--i see you're checking out my instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment