Thursday, December 12, 2013

Inferno by Dan Brown



I don't have a lot to say about this except it's a bit predictable and so ... Hollywood. My major issue would be the need for an intelligent and attractive leading lady in every Langdon story. A different one in each book too. It's like I'm reading about a nerd James Bond. Saving the world from terrorism while running around with a leading lady. Except this one isn't adept with firearms.

I know a lot of people don't like Dan Brown's prose. I don't really mind. I liked his twists in the previous books but this one, not so much. It dragged and dragged only to give a weak twist towards the end. It paled in comparison to The Lost Symbol and Angels and Demons.

I think part of Robert Langdon's appeal to me is that I can actually read about history and literature and the arts in a less ... boring way. Lol.

1 comment:

  1. First time I heard that a lot of people don't like Dan Brown's prose. All I remember is that back in college, when our professor required us to read The Da Vinci code for a term paper and a long exam, I fell short in finishing the book. Went only as far as Chapter 29. Out of... more than a hundred chapters, I guess? But it wasn't about his prose. I think. Maybe it was just about me refusing to be a good student back then. Or maybe it's just his prose really. I don't know.

    Anyway, I have a PDF copy of this book. Been in my to-read list. For decades. But now that you've mentioned two other works of the author better than this one, maybe I should consider them as well.

    ReplyDelete