Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Story Of Us by Deb Caletti

I don't like whiny books (or whiny people for that matter). Even when the narrator was saying, "that's beautiful" it felt like she was still complaining. Add up the Dear Janssen parts which were completely unnecessary. I didn't mind that he only "appeared" for 30seconds in the end of the story but the letters were really ... annoying and the most whiny part.

To be fair it had its good and funny moments, thus, 3 stars. You can easily fall in love with this crazy family and Cricket's dilemma is something that most people can easily relate to. I think that's what pulls people to read the book. I also liked the "forever" quotes.


But maybe I would've liked it better without the letters. And also if it was less whiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment