Sunday, December 14, 2014

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

I guess the hardest part to writing fantasy is introducing the new world you created? Despite the non-complicated prose and simple language, I had a slow start reading this because I couldn't follow the rankings and description of ... mostly everything. Of course, it could just be my slow brain, heh. It was easy once I got through the introductions. 

I loved the fast-paced story, most of all. I thought it didn't drag at all. I haven't decided if I like the main character yet but I like the story enough to read it. I'm not sure this should be under YA, too. Maybe just fantasy romance. I think it's a bit too twisted and ... romancey (I totally invented that word) for young adults but, oh well. There's a lot of fantasy, love triangle trilogies out but I like how the main character is sort of in love with the antagonist. However, I think part of its charm is lost for me because I already know the ending; someone accidentally told me because she thought I was done (she's evil, I know); but I'd still read it. 

This is a 3.5 at most.

No comments:

Post a Comment