Monday, September 23, 2013

Super easy Broccoli Bites recipe

I started liking to cook when I realized anyone who has a common sense, who can find the right ingredients and who can follow a recipe can cook.  I look for simple recipes with simple ingredients ... or complicated ones and make it easy. Here's one I just made ... and loved.

Ingredients: 
1 broccoli head
1 cauliflower head
3 eggs (small)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup italian bread crumbs (or regular would do)
olive oil
salt and pepper

Just mix everything up and make them into patties and bake for about 30-40 mins. I used my regular sized muffin molds because I suck at making things ... round. I had three of these and I was full! And it takes forever for me to feel even remotely full. If you're on a keto diet you can use corn meal or almond meal instead of bread crumbs. The original recipe only used broccoli and no cauliflower. I saw a lot of recipes using mozzarella and ham, too. If you find it a bit dry you can use cream cheese spread as dip. I tried that and loved it.


What my broccoli bites looked like :-)
I don't take credit for the recipe. This was originally posted by Thin Recipes and I found that off of Pinterest. I just needed to share this because it's super easy to make and IT IS actually GOOD ... even if mine didn't turn out like it did on the photo they posted

No comments:

Post a Comment