Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski


I haven't read a book I wanted to stay up late for in a long time. Here's one. I was devastated to find out the last of the trilogy won't come out until next year so now my problem is do I read the second book or do I wait a few months and suffer. Tough decisions.

See, it's books like this that got me into YA. The last YA trilogy I read wasn't so much of a much so I stopped reading YA for a bit. I mean, it was good but I didn't as excited about it as this one. I think this book just killed my YA reading slump. I like the story telling and its prose best. As far as the made-up world, clan wars and forbidden love, it's all been done before. It's the story telling and writing that makes a difference.

Okay I think my EQ is low today so I'm gonna go read the 2nd book and then suffer longer until the last installment comes out. 


Five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment