Tuesday, August 18, 2015

End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days #3) by Susan Ee


I think, first and foremost, one must remember that this is a romance story. I forgot, therefore, I am disappointed. It wasn't bad. Neither was I expecting it to be life-changing. But I wasn't expecting ... this. Basically, here is the story of the third book: Penryn was gushing over Raphael. The end. If you were expecting something else then let this serve as a warning.

The awkward word exchange between characters is back, the idea to draw the crowd to the bridge for what was supposed to be an epic battle was A COMPLETE JOKE, some parts and characters reminded me so much of another book (a highly successful one) and ... it ended just like that! 

The only part that I liked about it was Beliel's. That was the only person whose bitterness and personality was explained. I felt really bad for him but at least for Beliel I had closure. But what of Penryn? There was supposed to be an explanation for why she was wielding the angel sword. An explanation that is more than what was given. More than the fact that it deemed Raffe not deserving anymore because then anyone can wield it. More than people being a grand grand grand grand grand grand (and more grand) daughter of one of the Watchers. They didn't say that outright but what's a person without closure do except invent a that-would-do explanation? 


2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment