Saturday, February 15, 2014

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin

The main reason why I picked this book is that I'm drawn to stories set in Southern USA, particularly Mississippi and Louisiana. Probably from reading too much Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn as a kid and then later on in college I read a lot of Tami Hoag and she wrote stuff set in those states too. I don't know. It could be part of the reason why I gave it 5 stars but simply put, there's something about this story that triggered all the right emotions from me. I cried, I laughed a little, I was disgusted, I got angry and felt bad and sad and I felt pity for the character ... I also found out what crooked letter, crooked letter meant lol.

There may be questions that were left unanswered but I can let them go in exchange of a *SPOILER ALERT* happy ending.

PS I had a longer review but I didn't realize it wasn't saved so ... {-_-}

No comments:

Post a Comment