Friday, April 19, 2013

James Potter and the Vault of Destinies


I have this blind fanaticism and love towards anything Harry Potter related so I keep reading this series. In all fairness, G.Normal Lippert is good and I was amazed by his first James Potter book. However, I have a few issues about the third installment.

First, I find this third one dragging ... very much. I get that most books only get suspenseful towards the end but I think Vault of Destinies could've gone on fine without some of the dragging parts. As in I didn't think they were necessary.

***SPOILER ALERT***
Second, I don't get the need to kill one loveable character in every book. Dear G. Norman Lippert, how could you? Why would you come up with a character, make a reader fall in love with her, and kill her in the end? You are just one cruel person, are you? Yes she was your character and she was yours to kill (unlike in the second book) but that was a serious WTF moment! I'm so affected I actually cried, you must be one good writer. Lol.

Last, I think I might throw up the next time I read the word "inertia" in a James Potter series book.

But again, blind fanaticism and love ... 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment